22 Nov Miracle Learning Centre (O Level Maths Tuition/ IP Maths Tuition) Are you able to answer this Maths Tuition Question ?
- 144 boys and 264 girls are going to visit the old folks’ home as part of their service learning programme. The boys and girls are divided into groups, such that each group has the same number of boys and the same number of girls.
- What is the largest number of groups that can be formed?
- How many boys and girls are there in each group?
- The table shows the prices of the tickets to a carnival.
Type of ticket Price per ticket Child ticket $ 30 Adult ticket $ 80
- A family package consisting of 2 child tickets and 2 adult tickets is also available. The Family Package is 5% cheaper than getting the tickets separately. Calculate the price of the family package.
- Mrs Tay bought the Family Package. As an ‘Alliance Club’ member, she gets to enjoy a further 20% discount. Calculate how much Mrs Tay has to pay for the tickets.
- On the day of the carnival, Mrs Tay’s husband could not go. Instead, Mrs Tay’s friend replaced him. How much should Mrs Tay charge her friend for the ticket? Show your workings and explain your reasons and assumptions.
- Express 408 as a product of prime factors, leaving your answer in index notation.
- The numbers 840 and 8316, written as the products of their prime factors, are and . Find the greatest whole number which is a factor of 840 and 8316.
- Expand and simplify 4m + n – 3(2m – n).
- Express the following as a fraction in its simplest form.
- Simplify the following ratio 0.4 : 2 : 4/5.
- In a coin, the ratio of the copper and silver is 5:3 by mass. If the mass of the copper in the coin is 0.75 g, find the mass of the coin.
Miracle Learning Centre (O Level Maths Tuition/ IP Maths Tuition)
Did you answer the Maths Tuition Question correctly?
- x = -17
- 95% –> 209
- 80% –> 167.20
- Ratio of child to adult ticket = 3:8
Since Mrs Tay paid $167.20 for 2 child and 2 adult tickets,
22 units → $167.20
8 units → $60.80
Reasons / Assumptions: Assuming that Mrs Tay does not want to make a profit.
- 2 3 x 3 x 17
- – 2m + 4n
- 8 units = 1.20g
Learn from our Maths Tuition Question and Answer.
Miracle Learning Centre Call 6463 8756 or sms 8128 8342/9839 9908.
(Specialist in Science and Maths) for Primary, Secondary and JC levels.
Miracle Learning Centre specialises in Physics tuition, Chemistry tuition, Maths tuition and Science tuition Classes.