5 Interesting Facts about Marie Curie You May Not Know About
Marie Curie, born Maria Salomea Sklodowska in Poland in 1867, was one of the most noteworthy scientists of all time. She was a physicist, chemist and a pioneer in the study of radiation. Marie Curie along with her husband, Pierre, discovered the elements polonium and radium. Apart from her groundbreaking Nobel Prize-winning discoveries, she is also remembered for breaking many gender barriers during her lifetime. Curie was the first woman to receive a PhD from a French University and was the first woman to be employed as a professor at the University of Paris. She received a number of accolades for her immense contribution to Chemistry.
In this chemistry tuition class, we will tell you astonishing facts about one of the most famous contributors of science.
Marie Curie, born Maria Salomea Sklodowska in Poland in 1867, was one of the most noteworthy scientists of all time. She received a number of accolades for her immense contribution to Chemistry.
So, in our Chemistry tuition today, we will expand our knowledge by shedding light on some of the most interesting facts about the Polish chemist other than being a physicist.
1. Madame Marie Curie was the first woman to win a Nobel Prize.
2. In fact, the lady was the only remarkable personality to win two Nobel Prizes.
3. She was the only woman who shared the Nobel Prize with her spouse, Pierre Curie.
4. One of the most interesting facts about Marie Curie is that her daughter too won a Nobel Prize in Chemistry. Both mother and daughter are the only ones to win Nobel Prizes.
5. Marie Curie discovered the element ‘polonium’ which is named after the country where she was born – Poland.
The cause of Marie Curie’s death was her discovery of radium, which she carried it around in her pocket. She was one of the most remarkable scientists who ever lived.
In the upcoming chemistry tuition classes we will cover more such fascinating facts. Keep browsing, keep learning!
At Miracle Learning Centre, teachers give all of their effort to make students love the subject and build their self confidence by making them aware of interesting facts of various scientists. We offer tuition for primary chemistry, secondary chemistry and JC Chemistry classes. Our students learn the various critical concepts of Chemistry while engaging in fun activities and games and solve their Chemistry doubts from the friendly faculty team.