Profile of Mr Kuan
– Mr Kuan is an ex-Hwa Chong Institution lecturer. He is a very dedicated teacher who explains methods for solving Maths problems very clearly. With his years of teaching experience, he is able to help each and every child improve and score well. He is extremely well versed and up to date with JC Maths syllabus. Since each student is unique, he ensures that the student is taught to view a problem from many different angles.
Profile of Dr Sim B.Sc (Hons) Science, MSc, MBA, PhD
– Dr Sim is an Associate Lecturer at a Local University. He conducts lessons to fulltime Undergraduate level to Post Graduate students. His academic background is in Science and Mathematics, followed by a Masters in Science in Physics, where he focuses on Engineering Physics. Dr Sim also holds a Doctor of Philosophy, where he focuses his research title in the Educational Arena. He began his career with the Civil Service as an Engineer, first in Consulting then, in Education.
He had been tutoring O and A level mathematics and physics for more than 15 years and had experience in the following program:
o Integrated Programme
o Raffles Programme
o International Baccalaureate
o Chinese High internal GEP programme
o H3 (special paper) for Physics and H3 Maths at A Level
His area of specialization includes:
• Pure Math and Physics (extended explanation on application and useful concepts not available at JC level)
• A level Statistics (extended explanation and applied knowledge on Statistical formulas not available in college)
• Application of knowledge to prepare potential JC candidate ready for University
• Provide consultation to students on scholarship application and faculty choices.