05 Sep Science Tuition for our Fact Diggers
You may have noticed that your child may have difficulties to learn the different concepts of Science and fails to memorize the various scientific names. But he or she must be able to easily remember the lyrics of a song. Anyone will be able to learn with more enthusiasm whenever the subject attracts them. At Miracle Learning Centre in our courses, we often introduce various exciting Science facts which make our students excited and enthusiastic to learn more. Join our innovative classes of secondary science tuition, primary science tuition, IP science tuition in Singapore and have fun while learning Science.
Hi, and welcome back to your Science Tuition. We hope you have been enjoying our classes as well as learning and sharing science.
Today in your Science Tuition, we are again going to dig some exciting facts on chemistry, so get your shovel and let’s get started:
- They say drink enough water and stay hydrated but did you know that drinking too much water can make you sick and even kill you? Shocked? Well, that’s true. When you drink too much water in a short period, it makes the level of salt to drop in your body, this condition is called hyponatremia, and it is fatal as it sounds.
- Ever thought what makes a lipstick taste sweet? Well, some lipstick contains sugar of lead or lead acetate, and it is a toxic compound, and that’s what makes it taste sweet.
- Did you know that water can boil and freeze at the same time? Yes, it’s strange but it’s true. It is known as the ‘triple point’. It occurs when the temperature and pressure are just right for the three phases (gas, liquid, and solid) of a substance to coexist in thermodynamic equilibrium.
- Lasers can get trapped in a waterfall! In your physics classes, you would have probably learned about total internal reflection. It occurs when a beam of light hits a medium boundary at a particular angle, so it reflects, rather than passes straight through. This happens over and over again as the light hits each boundary, so the laser remains caught in the waterfall.
- An egg looks like a crazy jellyfish underwater! A cracked egg on land mat make a big mess, but 18 metres below the surface of the ocean, the pressure on the egg is 2.8 metres atmospheric pressure, and it holds it all together like an invisible egg shell!
That is all for today in Science Tuition. We will be back soon with more of such interesting facts. Till then stay tuned.