05 Sep Science Tuition
Every student feels encouraged and motivated when they are made to learn the various hard chapters with fun and exciting techniques. This helps them to feel motivated and builds their self-confidence for the subject and makes them learn with improved concentration and focus. If you feel that Science is giving you a hard time then you should definitely check out our innovative classes of secondary science tuition, primary science tuition, IP science tuition in Singapore.
Hi, and welcome back to your Science Tuition. Hope you have been enjoying and studying your science.Today in this Science Tuition we are back again with surprises, and we are going to give you some excellent neon facts to brighten up your day. So, let’s lit it up:
- Neon is denoted using the symbol Ne, and its atomic number is 10.
- It is the second lightest noble gas after helium.
- Its density is about two-thirds of air.
- It does not have any true chemical compound.
- The isotopes which are stable forms of neon are produced within stars.
- When neon is charged with electricity, it emits a brilliant red-orange color gas.
- Because of its rareness in our atmosphere, it costs 55 times more than the liquid helium.
- Neon is primarily obtained from liquifying Air.
- Neon has over forty times the refrigerating ability of liquid helium and three times that of liquid hydrogen.
- There are several researchers who want to rearrange the Periodic Table to move helium next to hydrogen and promote neon to be the lightest of the noble gases due to properties of helium and the number of electrons in its outer shell.
- One of the more interesting facts about neon is the light emitted from ionized neon can pass through water fog. Because of this neon lighting is used in cold regions and for aircraft and airports.
- Neon has a melting point of -248.59 degree Celsius (-415.46 degree Fahrenheit) and boiling point of -246.08 degree Celsius (-410.94 degree Fahrenheit). Slid neon forms a crystal with a close-packed cubic structure.
- Even though it’s rare and expensive on Earth, there is a fair amount of neon in the average home. If you could extract all the neon from a new home in the United States, you have about 10 liters of the gas!
That is all for today in Science Tuition. Hope to see you soon with more of such exciting facts. Stay tuned.