05 Sep Science Tuition Presents Fact capsules
Hi, and welcome back to your Science Tuition. We hope you have been enjoying as well as practicing your science lessons.
Today, in Science Tuition we are back again to provide you with your daily dose of chemistry facts. So let’s hustle:
- Do you know fruits as well have hormones? Not literally though, but the ethylene gas is considered as the “fruit ripening hormone.” So ethylene gas works as an agent for the changing of color, texture and softening of the fruits and vegetables as they ripen. Some of the fruits which produce gas are, apples, pears, apricots, bananas, tomatoes, etc.
- Ever thought lightning could be of any use? Well, what if we tell you that it can save the earth. Yes, you read that right. When lightning strikes, it produces ozone (O3) which helps in the strengthening of the ozone layer
- The crackling sound of a whip is actually a sonic boom which is because the tip of the whip travels faster than the speed of sound. The whip is the first man-made device capable of exceeding the sound barrier.
- An iceberg contains significantly more total heat energy than a burning match. The reason is the sheer size of the iceberg.
- When a new queen bee emerges in a hive, she repeatedly sings G # or A note to incite her worker bees to fight for her if another queen in the hive needs killing. It’s like Game of Thrones LMAO!
- If you drop a rubber ball, a glass ball and a steel ball on a very hard and rigid surface, the glass and steel balls will bounce more than the rubber balls because the rubber balls deform significantly on impact, flattening onto the surface and then springing back and in this process, some energy is lost.
- The Nintendo gaming software company is famous for its video games and is a great competitor of Sony PlayStation and XBOX but Nintendo first opened its door to business in 1889 as “Nintendo Koppai “and it used to sell playing cards.
That’s all for today at Science Tuition. Stay tuned and don’t forget to share your knowledge with your classmates and friends.
We know that all of you always keep waiting eagerly for our facts sessions. In our facts segments, you get to know about a lot of facts that are lesser known and are also enriched with knowledge. Our teachers love to gather these facts for you and present them to you to make you feel excited and thrilled.