05 Sep Science Tuition Presents Unbeatable Facts
Hi, and welcome back to your Science Tuition. We hope you are learning as well as enjoying our classes.
Today in your Science Tuition we are presenting you with some of the many unbeatable chemistry facts, so let’s start:
- Are you aware of the fact that your body contains the hydrogen atom which is likely to be 13.5 billion years old? I know that’s way too older than you are. But that’s true, and the reason behind it is that hydrogen atoms were created at the birth of the universe and it is one of the very first elements.
- Any idea which is the rarest naturally-occurring element on Earth’s crust? The answer is astatine. The total quantity of astatine present in the earth’s crust is 28g. That’s too less, isn’t it?
- Around 1% of the sun’s mass is oxygen.
- The word ‘chemistry’ comes from an Egyptian word meaning ‘earth’. Though this fact is still debated.
- It is believed that the use of various forms of chemistry goes back as long as 1000. Civilizations were using more complex forms of Chemistry such as using plants for medicine, extracting metal from ores, fermenting wine and making cosmetics.
- Things invisible to the human eye can often be seen under UV light, which comes in handy for both scientists and detectives.
- Athletes at the Olympic Games have to be careful about how much coffee they drink. The caffeine in coffee is a banned substance because it can enhance performance.
- A bucket full of water contains more atoms than bucketfuls of Atlantic Ocean.
- Lemons contain more sugar than strawberries of the same mass.
- If you expose a glass of water to space, it would boil rather than freeze.
- Mercury is the only metal which remains in a liquid state at room temperature.
- The average shot of espresso contains less caffeine than a typical cup of coffee.
- Goldfish eyes perceive for the visible spectrum, infrared and ultraviolet light.
That is all for today in Science Tuition. Hope to see you soon with more of such mind-boggling facts. Stay tuned.
Who does not love to hear some amazing facts? Science is such a subject which has many things to offer and there are various branches and sub-branches in it. This subject requires utmost attention as it works as the building block for various future professions. At Miracle Learning Centre we always look forward to making our students feel excited and motivated about the various topic of Science which will work in favor of increasing their marks of Science.