Science Tuition’s Daily Dose of Facts
Hi, and welcome back to your Science Tuition.
In today’s Science Tuition we are back again with your daily dose of chemistry facts. Let’s start chugging:
- Do you know the importance of saliva? Well, you won’t be able to call yourself a foodie if you didn’t have saliva. So the function of saliva is to dissolve the chemicals from the food thus letting the receptors to detect the taste of food on taste buds.
- What do you think the state of glass is? Solid right? This one is going to strike you; Glass is actually a liquid, its molecules still flow, and it’s in such a low rate that it is perceptible. We can consider it as an amorphous solid as well because it is neither completely solid nor liquid.
- There is enough DNA in the average person’s body to stretch from the sun to Pluto and back 17 times!! The human genome contains 23 DNA molecules, each containing from 500,000 to 2.5 million nucleotide pairs. DNA molecules of this size are 1.7 to 8.5 cm long when uncoiled – about 5 cm on average. There are around 37 trillion cells in the human body so if all of the DNA encased in each cell is uncoiled then it would sum to a total length of 2×10^14 meters!!
- In an entire lifetime, the average person walks the equivalent of five times around the world. The average moderately active person takes around 7,500 steps/day so if that is maintained up to 80 years of age then it would be 216,262,500 steps or 110,000 miles which is equivalent to about 5 times around Earth.
- Did you know that grasshoppers have ears in their bellies?
- Octopuses have three hearts, nine brains, and blue blood! Two hearts work exclusively to move blood beyond the animal’s gills while the third keeps circulation flowing for the organs. When the octopus swims, the organ heart stops beating, which explains why these creatures prefer to crawl rather than Swim.
That’s all for today in Science Tuition. Hope you all are learning and enjoying our classes. Stay tuned.
The most unique and enjoyed segment of our tuition classes is facts sessions. Every week students keep waiting for the facts sessions where they get to know about some amazing yet important Science information which they never knew before. These sessions are done to make them feel motivated and inspired to learn more with rejuvenated enthusiasm and eventually increase their marks.
We offer innovative classes of A level chemistry tuition, O level chemistry tuition, JC chemistry tuition in Singapore.